September's figure drawing practice

Adorkastock Patreon Dani Highlights pack sketches

Figure drawing practice has become a bit of a meditative process for me, a time where I shut off with some music and practice and study. Over the years I have used many different resources to develop this practice - Croquis Cafe was a staple before it became a paid subscription (I'm very grateful for the value it provided while it was free). Adorkastock has recently become my go to for poses and earlier in the month I signed up to their Patreon for the additional packs provided. I am grateful for their work and how it has helped me create dynamic poses for some of my designs.

Figuary 2020 (Croquis Cafe)

Adorkastock has a figure/gesture drawing app called Adorkastock Sketch on their website which features many different poses for referencing or practicing. I utilise the class mode which has 3 options dependent on your time or mood for practice. I focus on the standard mode which is 30 minutes and 18 poses ranging from 30 seconds to 10 minutes. I feel that I've got better at creating more intentional lines rather than the 'fairy lines' that I'd produced in 2020, especially in the shorter time constraints I've managed to focus more on the gesture of the pose than the outline specifically.

Below are my practices from this month and August- 


Moving forward I need to add some intentional steps to improve. I will be using the Schoolism platform to advance this, I had previously gone through part of the Alex Woo gesture drawing course but will look to finish it this time. I have also got hold of a couple of reference books to look through - Force Dynamic Life Drawing for Animation and Figure Drawing for all it's Worth. With the help of these I hope to drive some improvement in this time to help my designs in the future. 

Comments

Popular Posts