Figure it out

After last week's episode of Diary of A CEO my wife bought Marie Forleo's Everything Is Figureoutable. I finished listening to it through the Audible at work this week and enjoyed it for the most part. It spurred me on throughout my week with the mantra - Everything is Figureoutable , to continue to try and figure things out in my life. Accompanied by my repeat listens to Ryan Holiday's stoic book that I mentioned last week, they have been key reminders of how although things are difficult and not everything is clear all the time but I can work through these problems to where I want to be.

One of my key focus areas from last week was to begin to develop ideas around the character design challenge. I'd started off ok on Monday but this fell to the wayside as life got in the way throughout the rest of the week. I worked through a few Adorkastock sketch sessions this week and I've also bolstered my references for poses and invested in patreon for two other reference providers - Jookpubstock and The Pose Archives.


Another key focus for this weeks work was the continuation of the Schoolism tutorials for the Food Cart that I'm building in Blender and then also focusing on some Digital painting areas with the workouts and the Starting Your Journey courses. The food cart is going well, I've blocked out the main structures and just need to finish adding in all the details before moving on to the UV's and material lesson to begin to add some colour to the render. 


As I progress through this tutorial I keep hitting areas of anxiety over my confidence with 3D! I start to lag and have concerns how I'm going to work through certain sections but I know that I can push through and figure it out. (As Marie says - Everything is Figureoutable) It's only through practice that I will get better at this. It's all a learning process and through trials of failing and learning I'll get better.

Next week I have some private work on a website design so I may be less able to dedicate as much time to studies and learning. But the main focus will to continue to boost confidence in Blender with the Food Cart tutorial accompanied with an ebook I bought on gumroad (I'll feature this more next week as I read through it) and then continue my development for this month's Character Design Challenge which I'll share my progress with next week.

Comments

Popular Posts