A quick look back on October and this month's Figure Drawing Practice

Another month has flown by and these past two weeks have been less focused. A couple of weeks a go I was focusing on some private work and due to my day work being hectic I've had to take a step back and rest. Last weekend I had two late nights and knocked my sleep pattern out completely and I've only just recovered. I have Monday off and already feel recuperated and ready to return to focusing on progress after going to bed earlier Saturday.

This month I've managed to work through a lot of Adorkastock Sketch sessions and am so grateful for this platform for study. I am excited to use Adorkastock, Posearchive and Jookpubstock to further develop exciting poses within my work.


Doing this blog post each month is great to see all these sessions combined. These sessions have been something I've looked forward to on the days I have dedicated to them and will definitely stick around as a weekly staple of my journey.


This month the Digital Painting Workouts have dropped to the wayside, but this has brought a realisation of need to focus on my development here. These are 30 minute sessions and I need to drop these in to continue challenging myself and iron through these creases in my skillset. The session on the left was to utilise the darker values and create the image whereas the right session was focused on using the lighter values. Trying to recreate both images through the use of a reduced value set and achieve a similar look to the original. 

The Blender progress has also fallen to the wayside. This is something I will be pushing a lot of focus on in my development and my planning over the coming months to make sure I am progressing and learning intentionally.

Thanks for reading and I'll let you know of my progress over this coming week as I use the rest of today and tomorrow to plan out my intentions and realign! 

Comments

Popular Posts