Blender progress and retail display design

Retail Display design

Towards the end of last month I had finished up a few sketches for some unit designs that I'd been thinking about. These retail display units are based around my excitement for the weekly release of HBO's The Last of Us series and the eagerly anticipated upcoming release of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. 


Above is the finished version of one of the sketched displays and below are the sketches of the other units that I hope to turn into 3D renders over the next few weeks.




Blender learning with Schoolism

My primary focus for this month has been to continue on the journey of Blender learning and this has been primarily around the sculpting tools to create a Gnome character. I'd chosen a different gnome design based on the below - 

Teresa's Collection

I'd created this with the sculpting tools, familiarising myself with the different tool sets and then adding in some hard surface modelling features with the lantern and the trowel akin to the reference. 


My struggle for this was the grass (hair) particles that I had created which definitely need work and practice in understanding moving forward. I'm happy with the result so far and I have one final lesson set with the Schoolism platform for Blender and I will begin to move on and explore character modelling in conjunction with game design as a focus.



I need to plan for the space station build for the coming week to optimise the build and look forward to learning more new tools. I'll update next month on how things are going, thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts