Update

Hi

Skipped a couple of months....

Been very busy with work and taking a necessary 2 week break but now very much back into the swing of things!

So first update is the daily sketching which mostly occurs during my lunch break at work. Taking references from Pinterest and sketching them out over my lunch hour after reading a chapter of my current book. (Still on Brandon Sanderson at the moment with the Bands of Mourning)





Pluralsight/Digital Tutors tutorials I've been working on include -

Grayscale Shading and Non-Destructive Colouring Techniques -

Understanding values then painting over using overlaying colour layers




Painting realistic skin tones -

Applying base skin colours and then slowly blending them in to create a realistic head painting - 



Painting Female Hairstyles - 

Continuing on from the previous tutorial I used the head I had painted to do the female hairstyle tutorial. I feel that this still needs a lot of practice as I find hair extremely challenging so will work on doing hair studies to understand different styles.


Contrasting elements for Portraiture - 

This tutorial felt like a behemoth with over 40 odd lessons... but well worth it!




Looking forward to improving further and will be setting some days aside for 3D tutorials for development as well throughout the month.

See you next time!

Comments

Popular Posts