Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Figure Drawing Challenge


Last year I found out about the figure drawing challenge right at the last minute of them accepting the final participants. They have started it up again at the beginning of this year and will be putting my full attention to it this time. Following tutorials from a Youtuber I subscribe to, Sycra, and being involved with support on the Facebook group is once again a great experience and well worth a look if you are interested in polishing your figure drawing skills,

Day 1 - 

Day 1 8 head proportion figure

Day 1
Yesterday on day 1 I learnt the 8 head proportion rule of drawing a figure. Using simple shapes to create the figure and just building muscle memory for these proportions. I didn't have enough time to fully attempt the bonus round but made up for it today with day 2. I also did a few sketches in my journal today on my lunch break to make up for it a bit more.

Day 2 - 

Day 2

Day 2

Day 2
Drawing figures from the side today which without reference I struggled when attempting to diversify the shapes of the stick figure. The bonus round was a lot more realised with the help from reference. I will do some more quick sketches from reference to continue building muscle memory of the figures in preparation for tomorrows lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment