Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Figure Drawing Challenge day 15 and 16

I went over the lightning bolt technique and looked at using it by creating a pose from reference from yesterdays tutorial.




Today's tutorial was looking into the coil technique, this is a great way to find out mass of limbs of a figure. Also the tutorial looked at the arc technique to keep limbs in proportion when arms at right angles, all great for foreshortening!



Drawing the arm on the right from reference was really helped out from the coil technique and I'm quite pleased with the end product. Foreshortening is something I find difficult to comprehend in posing and by combining these two skills will help greatly. A little bit of a practice day tomorrow so I will look at some poses which I can try out these skills on to further build upon.

1 comment: