Sunday, 11 January 2015

Figure Drawing Challenge 6-7


I missed Friday off a little with only having time to do some muscle memory exercises during lunch and watching the day 5 tutorial. I finished that tutorial up yesterday and today have tried to push myself with some gesture and figure drawing through a 30 minute 'class'.

30 seconds

30 seconds
1 minute
5 minutes 45 seconds
5 minutes 45 seconds
11 minutes 30 seconds
I think the problem I'm coming across is confidence in the quickfire 30/60 second exercises. I'm not concentrating on quick, confident lines and simple confident shapes that begin to reveal the gesture of a pose. I think I panic a bit and don't focus enough which I will hopefully address by doing these half hour classes more often.

The longer period poses I'm a lot more comfortable and therefore happier with but I need to continue these to increase my confidence in shorter periods of time to start building a well rounded gesture drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment