Saturday, 27 April 2013

Environment and Amarok and beginning of logo

At the moment I'm trying to finish the rig for Amarok but having some more issues. (May have to unbind the rig and joints then re skin after placing in throat and teeth.) But I have added Amarok into the environment now and done a quick render. This definitely needs polishing but it is great to see him in the environment :)


Also I'm beginning to put together the logo in Maya and create some depth between the font and the background context.


Wednesday, 24 April 2013

Trying out the logo with previous background content

Just some tests with the logo on the previous background content that I created before.


Atka skinned

Not so frustrating as Amarok's skinning procedure thank god but happy that this is moving on forward


Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Amarok Skinned

Amarok is finally skinned I had quite a few issues with the skinning going extremely weird a lot of the time but after battling a few days he is done and ready for rigging (I will add the eye control like you suggested Alan after I have skinned Atka)


Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Atka Joints in place

I've added Atka's joints and skinned them to the geometry. Same as with Amarok on to painting the weights


Amarok skinning has begun

Placed all the joints for Amarok and now on to painting the weights to the skin 


Tuesday, 16 April 2013

Monday, 15 April 2013

Character Normal maps/ Ambient Occlusions

Amarok Normal map/ Ambient Occlusion 




Atka Normal map/ Ambient Occlusion




Environment Update

I've textured to environment now but there is some tweaking that needs to happen. I've added a fog cube but obviously when different passes are added and better lighting there will be a better understanding of depth.



Sunday, 14 April 2013

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Logo text tests

The text of the logo is much bolder to stand out in the logo now. Taking from different schemes of design in my work - the first logo is the blue and red colours prominent on the wolf and boys colour schemes same as the second. The third featuring the blue colour with snow flakes and the fourth colour scheme links with the crystal formations in the ice caves concept that I created.


If found to be successful I will move on to adding the previous components that I had used on the previous logos.

Logos and progress

Took a little break from texturing yesterday and today and made some progress on modelling and UVing the environment I aim to place my characters within taken from my concept pieces that I created. I will do some texture texts to see how they take. Also I need to start actually getting a brand to recognise this project under so I have revisited logo design. Any comments to improve the designs would be brilliant as I want to begin to derive a design for my art of book to put together as well.


Sunday, 7 April 2013

Update on Atka

UV's are laid just got to finish up the texturing of Atka with the red details and adding in highlight details and he will be finished.



Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Update: Uving for Amarok complete/Texturing near completion for Amarok/Atka modelled ready for Uving

An update of progress.

After doing some tests to choose on how to tackle the fur bits of Amarok I have set out the UV's completely for the character. I need to add finishing touches on textures to highlight certain areas (Mainly the face).



Atka's model is finished and I'm raring to get the texture on him to fully bring him to life and finish the pair!!!