Monday, 13 February 2012

Shapes of fox anatomy

Trying to follow the Japanese culture of simplicity I took Alan's advice and tried to break down the anatomy of a fox into simple shapes much like the concept artwork for The Incredibles. This is what I have come up with so far from looking at images on google.


Sharp triangle shapes are key to the fox creation in areas such as the legs, ears and tail. This exercise was fun and I need to do a lot more of this simplistic exploration to make sure that my work of transcribing this Japanese folklore in a simplistic manner to evoke Japanese culture.

I'm going to try out some simple line outlines another style connected with Japanese art. This may give me a chance to try out some ink and get rather messy. Updates to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment